Magento 1 end of life is now scheduled for June 2020. Whilst this might sound like a while off, in reality it is not that far, when you factor in time for scoping and build of an upgrade of your current site. Magento 2 brings many benefits to your business - below are just some of these.
• Improved Scaleability & Performance - Varnish full page cache out of the box, optimised web pages for speedier delivery. Improved page load speed of 20%.
• Checkout enhancements - To help improve conversion rates, a 2 step checkout process (Magento 1 currently carries a 6 step process), and 'guest' checkout option.
• Enhanced mobile friendliness - Built in Progressive Web Apps, mobile friendly checkout and responsively designed themes.
• Community - as an open source platform, the support network available for Magento is worldwide and advanced. The extensions available are far reaching and allow for pretty much any addition to your site.
• User Friendly Admin & Dashboard with advanced reporting options.
We have several clients currently upgrading or considering an upgrade - if you would like to discuss your options or would like more information please get in touch with us.